Monday, May 26, 2008

modern knit cotton blanket - mini

Finally! I have been working with various yarns and drafting revision after revision on patterns for months in an attempt to create the perfect baby blanket. I had some serious doubts it was even possible to create my ideal knit blanket (four months is a long time for a continuous string of failed prototypes!)

Thankfully I had my "Eureka!" moment on Thursday when I knit this "mini" blanket - the perfect size when a big ole' crib blanket just won't do.

The yarn is ridiculously soft and the hand is absolutely perfect - it has great weight but isn't heavy. It feels rich and luxurious, is all natural (100% natural fibers) and is absolutely delicious.

This "mini" is available in my shop on Etsy - it's the perfect size for a car seat blankie, a cuddly mat for tummy time or a nursing cover up!

No comments: